Friday, April 6, 2012

So little time.

I have been reading my little heart out the last couple of months. All the study like resources I could get ahold of to prepare me for the DP. I've completed two that I found on the Druid Network. Much smaller is scope, but still had lessons and "homework". They were primarily an introduction to Druidry. Which was exactly what I needed. The DP is about deepening your personal religion and beliefs, so having a solid foundation of Paganism, Druidry and the history allowed me to jump in feet first to develop my own rich, personally fulfilling spirituality.

I received my Membership Guide and DP program today in the mail. I admittedly jumped ahead, guilty of that often, by downloading the first chapter of the manual and study guide as soon as I could. Since I received my Welcome letter and membership card three days prior, I had done the introduction reading and exercises. I am more then ready emotionally and spiritually to commit to a life of Druid values and to the exercises of the Dedicant program. 

I wrote my oath weeks ago, not knowing there would be a first oath in the program. I had decided on ADF and druid practices early in the year. I had hoped that Ostara (Spring Equinox), would have been my first high day practicing the Druid ways. At that point I wasn't yet a member of ADF, and didn't have the proper rites. But I did have my own thoughts, wishes and convictions.

So I stood before my makeshift shrine and gave thanks to all the Gods and Goddesses, my Ancestors and those spirits that roamed my current home and community. I gave thanks for the breath of life and the chance to be in such an exciting time. I promised that I would make a vow more formally when I could do it "right". That raggedy, all personal, quiet moment was mine. It was my first step into my journey. I then went on to write my oath after those moments of meditation and joy.

I hope to give my oath soon, in the sun, in the hands of the spirits that guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment