Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week One- My Personal Religion

After reading several resources and finally getting my meaty paws on the DP manual, I was ready to dive in. I found the introduction to be both information I knew and a learning process. My heart felt at peace and excited for the energy that came from starting the academic side of my new lifestyle. After the summary a few questions were posed one sat heavily on me, not in a negative way, but more the true depth of the meaning of the answer to the question.

"Why have I chosen this path and what would I like to get out of the journey?" 

The choice to have this lifestyle had been made many years ago; I just didn't know how to approach the teachings. In all honesty it is a journey I should have been on all along, but modern teachings of Druidism have just solidified over the last 20 years. I wasn't lost, I just didn't know which path to follow.
I need the changes that a druidistic lifestyle will bring. Namely the inner peace and proper tools to cope with the maddening world around me. I feel under attack constantly by the bitter, jealous, mean and unhappy energy that floods my life due to the people I encounter everyday. I've certainly felt such powerful negative energies before, some times being able to remove myself from them, many times not. But now I step into this overwhelming convergence every day. I need help to not be sucked into the anger and emotional persecution.

I see a more grounded and prosperous personal life as how I will combat these energies. Living a spirituality that is both true to my heart and that I am passionate about will build the barriers of belief and conviction to replenish my soul daily. I cannot change those around me, but I can change how I allow their energy to affect my life. I want to be safe again, safe in my spirituality and in the protection of the Deities of my house.

The feeling of the freedom to start this path, to live this journey, to practice my beliefs as I wish is very liberating. This pah is to better my life and gain the tools needed to live that freedom I have needed for so long. I ask the Gods and Goddesses to give me the strength to open my spirit and heart to learn the lessons they desire me to realize and to do with pride all my heart seeks.

The journey I now embark on will help me continue my quest to constantly love, remember to always dance, and never stop the need to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment