Monday, May 7, 2012

Start Simple~ A Morning Devotional- Backpost 04/12/12

Borrowed from Pandora from the ADF site... http://www.adf.org/rituals/general/morndev.html

Solid as the tree, roots deep within the mother. Ancient as the land, strong as the sea. Always reaching for the sky, the moon, the stars, and the heavens. May all your powers flow through me.

Before me , the light of life
Behind me, the shadow of strife
To my left, the shield of love
To my right, the runes of power
Above me, the star of wisdom
Below me, the path of knowledge
Within me, the everlasting magic by which all things are possible.

I greet you this morning and ask for your aid. Lend me your eloquence that I may speak these words and work this rite in a manner that pleases you. I arise from sleep and come before my altar to renew my commitment to the path I have chosen with all my heart. I am here to honor my Gods, my Kindreds, and to give thanks for the many blessings they bestow upon me. 

All you who do not choose to aid me along my path, I recognize your function and respect your purpose. I ask only that you honor mine as well and leave me in peace this day.

With this water, I cleanse myself of all that is unproductive in me, that which holds no joy or happiness, and anything that would do me harm. I charge my spirit and body with the wonder of life, the compassion of love and the protection of truth. 

May the well flow; the fire flame; and the tree grow in me. My sight beholds the beauty of the Gods, my blood is alive with the wisdom of the ancestors, and the voices of the nature spirits resound in my soul. To all of you who are my allies, I give my love, my honor and my devotion. Accept my offerings and be near me this day. Grant me you guidance that I may walk the path before me with wisdom. Speak to me and I will listen.

I thank you for the multitude of gifts you have given me, as well as the joy of your presence in my life. May we walk in peace and love today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment